Saturday, April 19, 2014

Life lesson: fixing your shit hurts.

Not in the "I am about to snap something up and shouldn't continue this" way, but in the "Holy shit, I have clearly never used that muscle before in my life and now it hurts like Neo's eyes when he first left The Matrix" way.  My upper back is sorer than hell, I've offended something in my right lower back, and I may have to give in and slink back to my gym's spa for a sports massage to make it stop being pissed at me.

Last night was heavy deadlift day.  I was supposed to do 190 for a heavy single and couldn't get it off the floor.  I'm not too broken up over that, because I'd already moved almost 4,000 pounds of back-intensive kettlebell weight before I even hit the gym (because I have New!  Kettlebells!), and I was being super careful because of my right lower back, so I wasn't really in the head space required to pull a new PR.  I'll get it when deload week is over, that 190 pounds isn't going anywhere.  165 wasn't all that happy about coming up either, but I really worked the tips I got from Katie at Iron Sport on the last couple of reps and the difference was noticeable.

Today may be active recovery day with a walk on the park trails.  Or maybe I'll decide it's too cold and just go back to sleep.  Both of those options look pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment