Sunday, April 13, 2014

Form fixes

Today I went to Iron Sport's squat and deadlifting seminar. It was both awesome and demoralizing. Demoralizing because I was by far and away the weakest person there and even in the women's group I kept having to take weight off the bar; awesome because I got a lot of feedback on my form and ideas for fixes for the areas where it's weak. So on the takehome front, I have two new accessories that I need to fit in: pause squats and rows. I've been considering pause squats for a while but somehow rows never quite occurred to me, even though I know for a fact that my middle and upper back are really weak. Next week is heavy week, so we'll see how the new squat form works out; a few weeks from now, we'll see if the rows are making my form any better on the deadlift. Maybe they'll carry over into my TGUs and swings too. Or my cleans, dear god, that would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment