Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Progress on S&S

Today's workout:

S&S warmup, 15 pounds for halos, 25 for goblet squats.  I feel the goblet squats should be getting easier, but they do not agree.

2-handed swings:  25 pounds, 1x10, 6x15, 11 minutes.

TGUs, 5 per side, 15 pounds, 8 minutes.

My times aren't too far off the goal times, but there's a lot of progress to be made before I start thinking about moving up weights.

Swings: no arm pain this time, and I can definitely get farther into each set, and farther into sets as a whole, before my hip drive starts giving out.  Taking in a sharp breath on the hike definitely helps, and the "breathe behind the shield" cue seems useful for pretty much everything.

TGUs:  Going well on the right side, but my left side is way weak.  I can't lever up onto my elbow without bringing my leg off the ground and flailing like an upended turtle.  I've noticed this in my squats too - when the weight gets heavy I tend to push more through the right side.  Maybe TGUs will help even out my squats, to the extent that anything but a miracle can help my squats.

Overall: exhausted today for some reason.  Took a personal day to run some errands, fed the cats early, went back to bed, and dozed off and on until almost 11, and I'm still worn out.  Ugh.  Fairly sure I've lost some body fat, since I can actually sort of feel my hipbones, but I'm not checking my weight again for a few weeks at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment