Friday, March 21, 2014

Bad week for my PRs.

So I implemented the strategy of doing heavy singles before my work sets.  Well, "heavy."  They're ten pounds over my top work weight.  I might have to boost that up a little.

Monday was squat day, and my heavy set of 90 went up and down like a well-oiled machine but didn't top my all-time heavy lift of 100.

Thursday was bench press day.  I pressed 70 pounds for a single pretty easily despite the fact that it was after work and I hadn't eaten since breakfast; and my blood sugar level was at that point where you start tingling in all your limbs and become half convinced that you've evolved to a transcendent spiritual plane where Eternal Gainz can be yours if you only live on sunlight, water, and communion with the Divine.  (What, is that just me?  Well, I did pull a bench PR in that state, so.)

Today was deadlift day.  I pulled 160 for a single, which was a PR, and my top set was 150x5.  When I started 5/3/1, 150 was my 1RM.

Now if I just didn't have 35% body fat covering all these developing muscles.  I need to be more conscientious about doing S&S twice a week, and also about my diet.


Earlier this week, I realized why "my" power cage is always the one that's empty: it's the only one that doesn't face a mirror.  Today, some poor guy got stuck in the mirrorless power cage and was forced to actually turn sideways in the rack so he could watch his deadlifts in the mirror behind the dumbbell rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment