Friday, January 31, 2014

Deload week. FEELS BAD, MAN.

Deload week is exactly the opposite of donuts.  My body really wants it but my brain hates every minute.

Today's workout:

Deadlift, 60x5, 75x5, 90x5.
OHP, 25x5, 25x5, 35x5.  No, that is not a typo.  My upper body strength really is that lacking.
Squats, 45x5x3
Power cleans, 45x5.

Today at the gym, a guy was very enthusiastic about how cool my shoes were.  I gave my feet the side-eye in case that last set of deadlifts had caused my shoes to evolve into Romaleos, but no, they were still my beat-up twenty-dollar Chucks.  It was very strange and I finally put a stop to it by grabbing the 25-pound baby barbell and sticking it over my head.  To his credit, he did not commit the sin of trying to talk to me while iron was in play.

I may go this weekend and get a 16kg kettlebell.  I doubt I can do anything with it yet, but it can sit in my carillon and be inspirational.



No comments:

Post a Comment